The Gibraltar based 888Poker has undergone a serious overhaul lately, from just about every point of view. If a little over a year ago it was regarded as one of the aging operations which had trouble keeping up with the pace of a new and more dynamic online poker market, nowadays it’s once again right up there in the "heavyweight” division.
Its software has been updated, with tons of new features added, its promotions have been revamped, the rake structure has been overhauled, and its popularity is on the rise even as you’re reading this.
They now offer 100% match on first deposits up to $400 which is much better than what they used to have. 25% of this bonus, up to $100, lands in your player account immediately and the remaining 75% needs to be redeemed the old-fashioned way. They also have something new up their sleeves now: the 888Poker VIP cashback. This is basically a loyalty bonus, and the higher up you manage to climb on the VIP ladder, the more cashback you’ll earn.
Basic, Bronze level players earn only 2% cashback, but the highest level VIPs earn an impressive 36%. The VIP Diamond is the highest attainable VIP level currently.
This setup is indeed a welcome addition, and if 888Poker has been successful in bringing in new players with the other improvements that they’ve made, this one is sure to be a blast.
Bonus redemption is not exactly the easiest at 888Poker. You’ll need to generate 10 BPs for every $1 of your bonus.